unisa phd application 2024-2025
unisa phd application 2024-2025
The University of South Africa (Unisa) is one of the top universities in South Africa. They offer undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate degrees in a variety of fields. Their PhD programs are no exception. If you are interested in applying to their PhD programs, make sure to read their guide, or please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance on everything you need to know about the application process and help you prepare the best application possible.
Master’s or Doctoral qualification Admission Date
From September to November, applications for admission to master’s and doctorate programmes will be accepted.
Master’s or Doctoral qualification. Apply for an Admission
Who should submit an application for admission to a master’s or doctorate degree?
Everyone willing to begin new master’s or doctoral degree must apply for admission. Which are:
- first-time Unisa applicants.
- Unisa students changing to a new qualification.
- Applicants who are finishing up their postgraduate diploma, honours degree, or master’s degree and want to pursue additional postgraduate studies.
Kindly note that,
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission to a master’s or doctoral degree and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
- You must re-apply for admission if you are a previously registered master’s or doctoral student, but did not register for this academic year and now wish to continue with master’s or doctoral studies in 2023. This excludes students who applied for and were granted a formal deferment.
How do I apply for admission without a Unisa student number?
- Step 1 To obtain a Unisa student number, apply online. Pay the R120 application fee. When your request for a student number is approved, you will be notified via SMS and email.
Kindly note: This does not mean that your application for admission to this academic year has been accepted (you should still finish steps 2 and 3 below).
- Step 2: Once you gotten your student number, you should apply online for admission to the 2022 academic year (some exceptions apply). Applications for admission to master’s and doctoral qualifications will be open from September to November.
- Step 3: Please upload the necessary supporting documents listed below. In most situations, this will be a copy of your ID or passport, your full academic transcripts (if they are not Unisa qualifications), the ledger (if they are foreign qualifications), and your research proposal (except for the MBA, MBL, LLM coursework qualifications and the coursework MCom in Industrial Psychology). On the upload platform, the required documents will be highlighted in red.
Please be aware that you will not be accepted for this academic year if you merely apply for a student number and do not provide your required supporting documentation for admission. Only applications that are complete will be reviewed.
- Prospective Students can download the procedures for Master’s and Doctoral degree here
- For more information Prospective students can click here and view the process for each qualifications