unisa pgce 2024-2025
unisa pgce 2024-2025
Welcome to the unisa pgce 2024-2025 blog! Here you will find all the latest news, updates, and information pertaining to the upcoming academic year at the University of South Africa (Unisa). We hope that you find this blog helpful as you prepare for your studies at Unisa. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
Unisa’s Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- The PGCE acts as a professional “limiting” qualification for applicants who have earned a suitable 360 or 480 credit Bachelor’s degree in a field other than education. With its reflexive roots in educational philosophy, certification acknowledges the development of professional competence. Unisa provides online and distances learning options for this PGCE qualification.
The eligibility Who can sign up?
- Only after receiving notification from Unisa that they have accepted their application for admission may applicants register. If it is determined that you were improperly admitted to a qualification, Unisa reserves the right to refuse to process and/or cancel your application.
choosing your modules
- Each Unisa PGCE qualification is designed so that you must complete a specific number of modules and NQF level credits within a specific amount of time in order to graduate. You must pass a minimum number of credits or modules each year to be able to re-register and continue with your qualification:
- 36 NQF credits or more during your first year of study (3 modules of 12 credits each).
- In your second or subsequent years of study, at least 48 NQF credits (4 modules of 12 credits each).
- The eligibility Who can sign up? Applications for admission to the academic year 2024 will be accepted from September through December 2024.
Application fees are R115 for applications submitted online and R185 for applications submitted on paper (hard copy applications are only occasionally accepted).
Registration for more credits or modules than permitted per semester is prohibited:
- 60 or more NQF credits during a semester (5 modules of 12 credits each).
- Annual modules must have a minimum of 120 NQF credits (10 modules of 12 credits each).
Studying to earn this qualification
Group A of Mandatory Educational Themes: Choose any 4 modules
- EDAHOD5 – The Educator as Assessor
- EDDHODJ – The Educator as Learning Programme Developer
- EDLHODM – The Educator as Leader, Manager, and Administrator
- EDMHODR – The Educator as Mediator of Learning
- EDPHOD8 – The Educator in a Pastoral Role
- EDT1601 – Child Development
Group B. Compulsory Professional Studies.
- PFC101Q – Professional Studies Theme A: Social Sciences and Environmental Education
- PFC102R – Professional Studies Theme B: Teaching Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- PFC103S – Professional Studies Theme C: Technology Education, Economic Literacy and Entrepreneurship
- PFC104T – Teaching Practice (Including Oral Communication) Co-requisite:PFC101Q, PFC102R & PFC103S
Group C. Choose any 2 modules
- ETH302S – Inclusive Education A
- ETH305V – Multicultural Education (Educational Themes 305)
- EUP1501 – Ethical Information and Communication Technologies for Development Solutions
- HEC101V – Health Education
- PST131J – Language Teaching
- PST210G – Arts and Culture
PST312M – Physical Education and Sports Coaching