pgce unisa 2024-2025
pgce unisa 2024-2025
PGCE unisa 2024-2025 is the perfect opportunity for students who are interested in pursuing a career in education. The course offers a wide range of content, including teaching methods, assessment, and curriculum development. This program is perfect for students who want to gain the skills they need to become successful educators. So what are you waiting for? Apply today!
Postgraduate Certificate in Education from Unisa (PGCE)
- For applicants who have obtained a suitable 360 or 480 credit Bachelor’s degree other than the BEd, the PGCE serves as a professional “limiting” qualification. The certification recognizes the growth of professional competence that is reflexively rooted in educational philosophy. This PGCE qualification is offered by Unisa through both online and distance learning channels.
Date of Eligibility: From September to December 2024, applications for admission to the academic year 2024 will be accepted.
Application fees are R115 for online applications and R185 for hard copy applications (hard copy applications are only occasionally accepted).
Who can sign up?
- Only after receiving notification from Unisa that they have accepted their application for admission may applicants register. If it is determined that you were improperly admitted to a qualification, Unisa reserves the right to refuse to process and/or cancel your application.
choosing your modules
- Each Unisa PGCE qualification is designed so that you must complete a specific number of modules and NQF level credits within a specific amount of time in order to graduate. You must pass a minimum number of credits or modules each year to be able to re-register and continue with your qualification:
- 36 NQF credits or more during your first year of study (3 modules of 12 credits each).
- In your second or subsequent years of study, at least 48 NQF credits (4 modules of 12 credits each).
More credits or modules than are allowed per semester cannot be registered for:
- 60 NQF credits or more in a semester (5 modules of 12 credits each).
At least 120 NQF credits (10 modules of 12 credits each) are required for annual modules.
Program of study for this qualification
Compulsory Educational Themes, Group A. selecting any 4 modules
- EDAHOD5 – The Educator as Assessor
- EDDHODJ – The Educator as Learning Programme Developer
- EDLHODM – The Educator as Leader, Manager, and Administrator
- EDMHODR – The Educator as Mediator of Learning
- EDPHOD8 – The Educator in a Pastoral Role
- EDT1601 – Child Development
Group B. Compulsory Professional Studies.
- PFC101Q – Professional Studies Theme A: Social Sciences and Environmental Education
- PFC102R – Professional Studies Theme B: Teaching Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- PFC103S – Professional Studies Theme C: Technology Education, Economic Literacy and Entrepreneurship
- PFC104T – Teaching Practice (Including Oral Communication) Co-requisite:PFC101Q, PFC102R & PFC103S
Group C. Choose any 2 modules
- ETH302S – Inclusive Education A
- ETH305V – Multicultural Education (Educational Themes 305)
- EUP1501 – Ethical Information and Communication Technologies for Development Solutions
- HEC101V – Health Education
- PST131J – Language Teaching
- PST210G – Arts and Culture
PST312M – Physical Education and Sports Coaching
Calculate the costs after choosing the modules.
unisa online application undergraduate
unisa online registration
apply at unisa
unisa web registration
unisa second semester application
unisa late application
unisa application form
my unisa registration
apply for admission at unisa
my unisa application
For more info, click here