nsfas for unisa 2024-2025
nsfas for unisa 2024-2025
Looking to apply to Unisa for the upcoming academic year? We have your back! We’ll cover all you need to know about the unisa application process in this post, from using the website to submitting your application. And after reading this post, don’t be afraid to contact us if you have any queries about nsfas and unisa. We’re here to assist you!
NSFAS Application example
- For an application, go to https://www.nsfas.org.za/content/how-to-apply.html.
- If you are unable to complete the application on your own, a representative from NSFAS will help you if you visit a National Youth Development Agency Center, a Thusong Center, or one of the centers established by application partners in your area.
Who should apply?
- potential students who applied for admission to the 2024 academic year to pursue their first undergraduate degree
- Returning students who took a year off in 2024 (did not enroll in the school that year), have an unfinished undergraduate degree, and have not exceeded the N+ limit are eligible.
- NSFAS recognized returning and new students who did not enroll in coursework the previous academic year in 2024.
- Students who are currently receiving money from another NSFAS bursary and wish to transition to the NSFAS DHET grant.
Your 2024 NSFAS application would have been denied if you had received that money.
- having already earned a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, You are not a citizen of South Africa.
require financial aid to pursue a postgraduate degree or a short learning certificate
enrollment for 2024
Visit the Unisa website at www.unisa.ac.za/register for details on registration deadlines.
- NSFAS students who got financial aid in 2021 but did not complete their degree: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while you await NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2024 academic year.
- Those NSFAS students who were financed in 2024 and who were not ineligible for funding in 2024 after being denied money have filed a lawsuit: Please pay the minimal registration fee if you opt to wait for the NSFAS appeal verdict.
- New candidates for the NSFAS: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while you await NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is refused or takes an unreasonable amount of time to process,
In the event that your NSFAS application is provisionally approved, you are not required to pay the basic registration fee. Your registration will instantly be enabled after Unisa confirms NSFAS financing.
request for a review
- If your NSFAS application is rejected, you may only appeal during the authorized appeal application time. There will be communication about the deadlines and application process for the appeal. New candidates must submit an appeal to NSFAS directly at www.nsfas.org.za.