nsfas and unisa 2024-2025
nsfas and unisa 2024-2025
Interested in applying to unisa for the upcoming year? We’ve got you covered! In this post, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to know about the unisa application process, from navigating the website to submitting your application. And if you have any questions about nsfas and unisa after reading this post, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to help!
NSFAS Application demonstration
- Visit https://www.nsfas.org.za/content/how-to-apply.html to apply.
A representative from NSFAS will assist you with the application if you visit a National Youth Development Agency Center, a Thusong Center, or one of the centers run by application partners in your area if you are unable to do it on your own.
Who ought to apply?
- prospective students who submitted an application for admission to the 2024 academic year in order to get their first undergraduate degree.
returning students who took a year off in 2024 (i.e., did not enroll in classes that year), who has an unfinished undergraduate degree, and who have not gone over the N+ limit.
- In 2024, NSFAS approved both returning and new students who did not enroll in classes during the previous academic year.
Students who currently get funding from another NSFAS bursary and want to move to the NSFAS DHET grant.
If you got NSFAS funds in 2024, your NSFAS application will be rejected.
- having already obtained a bachelor’s degree or diploma
You do not have South African citizenship.
require financial assistance for a Short Learning Certificate or Program or a postgraduate qualification
Registration for 2024
For information on registration dates, please visit www.unisa.ac.za/register, the Unisa website.
- returning NSFAS students who received financial aid in 2021 but have not yet earned their degree: While you wait for NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2024 academic year, please make sure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period.
Those NSFAS students who were funded in 2024 but were not ineligible for funding in 2024 after being denied financing, have challenged the decision: If you decide to wait for the NSFAS appeal ruling, kindly pay the minimal registration cost.
candidates who are new to the NSFAS: As you wait for NSFAS funding confirmation, please make sure you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period. If your NSFAS application is rejected or taken too long to process
You are exempt from paying the minimal registration charge if your NSFAS application is provisionally granted. Upon receiving confirmation of NSFAS financing from Unisa, your registration will automatically be enabled.
application for a review
- You may only file an appeal during the designated appeal application period if your NSFAS application is denied. There will be communication regarding the appeal’s application procedure and deadlines. At www.nsfas.org.za, new applicants must file an appeal directly with NSFAS.